Solar energy has experienced the fastest global growth rate among all renewable energy sources within the last decade. And as the economy begins to grow again, energy demand will rise amid continued concerns over greenhouse gas emissions caused by the burning of fossil fuels. This special forum aims to address this growth and these concerns and what impacts they have on our region, state, and business community.
Thank you to all of the sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, and attendees of the 2012 Mass Solar Summit!
Click below to view event video!
Click here to view event photos!
Keynote Address - Click here for Ann Berwick's presentation
Ann G. Berwick, Chair - Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities
State of the Solar Industry in Massachusetts
A panel discussion on the “state of the state” and long-term visions for solar energy and the key issues and opportunities faced by this booming alternative energy industry.
Moderator: David O’Connor, Sr. Vice President for Energy & Clean Technology, ML Strategies
- Jonathan Abe, Senior Vice President, Nexamp
- Timothy R. Roughan, Director of Energy and Environmental Policy, National Grid
- Bram Claeys, Renewable Energy Policy Director, Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources
Concurrent Breakout Sessions
Session 1: An Introduction to Solar: In this session panelists will give an overview of the strategies you’ll need to know about developing, executing and maintaining your project to meet your business needs and goals.
Moderator: Adam Braillard, Associate, Prince Lobel Tye LLP
- J. Aidan Foley, Principal , Lunasa Solar
- Paul Lyons, President, Zapotec Energy Inc.
- Michelle R. Buck, AICP, Town Planner, Leicester & Spencer, MA
- David A. Murphy, P.E., Vice President, Tighe & Bond
Session 2: The Financial Side of Solar Projects:This session will offer expert advice on how you can facilitate more efficient and effective financing of your solar projects.
Moderator: Vincent DeVito, Partner Bowditch & Dewey & Executive Director, Institute for Energy & Sustainability
- Kathy Parker, CPA, MST, Partner, Rodman & Rodman, P.C.
- Craig Huntley, Principal, Solect Energy
- David Costello, Senior Vice President, Commerce Bank & Trust Company
National Grid (Presenting Sponsor)
Absolute Green Energy (Supporting Sponsor)
Bowditch & Dewey, LLP (Supporting Sponsor)
Beaumont Solar Co.
Conservation Solutions Corp
ESI Energy Systems & Installation
LEE Energy Group
Meridian Associates, Inc.
New England Clean Energy
Prince Lobel Tye LLP
Rodman and Rodman, P.C.